Monday, May 13, 2013

On location at Un-Wine-D: Grown Right Here

About a week after my first guest post, over at Eyes on Windsor, Eric Bonnici asked me if I wanted to do another post for him. Very cool. This time he offered to send my wife and I to the Un-Wind-D! tapas dinner at Mettawas Station restaurant in Kingsville.

The Un-Wine-D Menu

Despite some trepidation leading up to the event, my wife and I had a fantastic evening. We got to meet Chef Anthony DelBrocco and his wife Janet along with Sou Checf Bridgette Perciballi. The meal featured four courses paired with wines and was put together by Bridgette. The theme was Grown Right Here and to that end everything was Ontario Local.

We had some amazing food: a Spring Salad, Pork Belly, Beef Wellington and Ricotta Rosettes. Wines included a Pinot Grigio, Cabernet Franc and a Cabernet Merlot. All of them pared up amazingly. Overall it was a great relaxing night, truly a chance to unwind in the middle of the week and we've already signed up for next month's event featuring Pizza and Napa wines.

You can read a lot more about our experience at Un-Wine-D including a break down of all four courses over at Eyes on Windsor:
http://eyesonwindsor.com/restaurant-guide/dining-news/restaurant-reviews/un-wine-d-tapas-dinner-review-at-mettawas-station-mediterranean-restaurant/


No comments:

Post a Comment